mercredi 24 avril 2013

Anna Karenina



I just watched the latest Anna Karenina movie.  I  really was in a mood for a beautiful  romantic version of this beloved book. I cannot say my wish was fulfilled. It is an original adaptation  with ballet scenes and theater settings as to indicate that life is a show where we have fixed roles that we cannot change. I couldn’t find anywhere Tolstoi ‘s atmosphere of deep dramatic Russia. The casting was disappointing as well.  While many film critics praised Kyra Knightley’s interpretation, I found her far away from the 19th century Russian aristocrat, more like a flirty young contemporary woman and some times even vulgar. Vronsky, her lover played by Aaron Taylor-Johnston looks like a good for nothing, superficial lad. How could she fall in love with him is miracle.  Jude Law is Anna’s cuckold husband, but his role was much expanded and his character much humanized and deviated from the original. Still, he is the best actor in the movie and the title should have been “Mr Karenin”.

I hope I will like more the forthcoming Great Gatsby.


The picture in the lookbook is of Vivien Leigh in a much better version of Anna Karenina.


Anna Karenina



Other actresses who played Anna Karenina:



Vivien Leigh, 1948


Greta Garbo, 1927, 1935


Jacqueline Bisset, 1985


Keira Knightley, 2012


Tatiana Samoilovna, 1974


Sophie Marceau, 1997

1 commentaire:

  1. Greate post. Keep writing such kind of information on your page.
    Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hello there, You have done an incredible job. I'll definitely digg it and in my view recommend to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.


    my homepage; nummerupplysningen.se

    RépondreSupprimer

I'll enjoy reading your comments.