jeudi 24 janvier 2013

About prints and how I like them


I don't know why but I am more and more attracted by figurative prints on fabrics or objects, human as well as animals. I cannot explain this thirst for the concrete and I rarely hesitate when something beautiful and afordable comes to my attention. I have shawls with zebras and elephants, blouses with street scenes in France (the Eiffel tower is depicted) and now, these few objects from a recent travel.

This is a bag I bought in Colombia and it uses the work of a native artist.




His name is Grau and the company that ade the bag, Mario Hernandez, uses several of his painting as background.

This pendant with monkeys is a copy of the pre-colombian art, which originally is made of  gold (not my pendant). I visited the Museo de Oro in Bogota and I was totally seduced by the craftmanship of the old inhabitants. No wonder the Spaniards thought that they had reached Eldorado.


This brooch is more abstract but still it reminds a human figure.


And lastly, this beautiful Mexican shawl in silk with scenes from a Mexican celebration.



8 commentaires:

  1. I love print too, Nora, and I want thathose bags, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Have a lovely weekend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. j'adore cet imprimé du sac! completement improbable mais très réussi:)
    http://jolicassoulet.wordpress.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Great prints, I love especially the last one (black and white).

    -Katherine
    highheeledconfusion.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thаnks for finallу talκing about > "About prints and how I like them"
    < Liked it!

    Take a look at my web site: juѕt clіck thе neхt article

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. We агe а grouρ οf νoluntеers and oрening a new scheme
    іn ouг community. Υour site proviԁеd us with valuable іnfoгmation to worκ оn.
    Υou have dоne an іmρreѕsiѵе jоb аnd our ωhole community ωill be thаnkful to you.


    My site :: going To Http://www.prweb.Com

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I enјoу envy е сigs iѕlanԁ ѕelеction

    my web sitе :: green smoke discount

    RépondreSupprimer

I'll enjoy reading your comments.