dimanche 13 mai 2012

“What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5,...".



A study showed that one in three women will never leave home without make-up. This is not my case, as often I forget to wear make up especially when I go out for quick errands. On the other hand if I leave without putting on few drops of perfume I feel naked.

 I always loved perfumes  and I always had two or three bottles of different scents to try on. I also like to order samples and in airport I spend the time I have before my departure in the duty free shop trying as many perfumes I can.

There is however one perfume that I will a always wear. Chanel no. 5 is for me the epithome of perfumes , the perfection embodied in a scent, the eternal femininity.

In 1920 Coco Chanel  sampled several vials with scents for her future perfume. She selected number 5 and said : "I present my dress collections on the fifth of May, the fifth month of the year and so we will let this sample number five keep the name it has already, it will bring good luck. » And so Chanel No. 5 was born.

Coco Chanel in 1920



In the 1950s the glamour of Chanel No. 5 was reignited by the celebrity of Marilyn Monroe. Monroe's unsolicited endorsement of the fragrance provided invaluable publicity. In a 1954 interview, when asked what she wore to bed, the movie star provocatively responded: “What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5,...".

Marilyn Monroe


During the last decades several celebrities were ambassadors for the brand.

Do you know who is the next ambassador?

Catherine Deneuve



Carole Bouquet



Nicole Kidman



Audrey Tautou



Brad Pitt


Sources: Wikipedia, http://www.dailymail.co.uk


2 commentaires:

  1. Love this post!!! I'm the same as you ;)


    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. J'adooore Chanel!!!
    Angela Donava

    RépondreSupprimer

I'll enjoy reading your comments.